- All Lynn Public Schools Will Be Open, Friday, January 30th
All schools will be open tomorrow, January 30, 2015. We caution all students who walk to school to be very careful. Snowbanks are high which may make it difficult for drivers to see walkers. Students who drive and parents who drive students should allow additional travel time. Streets are narrow and traffic congestion may be worse than usual. Bus transportation schedules may experience delays. Please be patient.
- Tonight's School Committee Meeting Has Been Cancelled
- Snow Emergency and Parking Ban has been lifted | Vehicles parked in school and other designated snow lots Must Be Moved Immediately or face being ticketed and towed.
- Residential Sidewalks | Residents had until 5 P.M. Wednesday to clear their sidewalks of snow. Commercial properties should have been cleared already.
- Trash Pickup is Delayed | Tuesday and Wednesday pickup days shall put their trash curbside for pickup on Thursday. If your trash is not picked up, leave it curbside and they will get to it. Although not ideal, this schedule will be updated daily based on how much Waste Management can catch up on.
On average, Waste Management will be able to collect 1 and ¼ routes each day until they catch up. We apologize for any confusion on this and hope to get everyone collected as soon as possible. If your trash has not been collected after 2 full days curbside, please call the DPW at (781) 268-8000.
- Fire Hydrants | The Fire Department is trying their best to locate and remove snow from around fire hydrants. Assistance from residents is greatly appreciated. They will try to get to all of the hydrants by the weekend.
- DPW Phone Line | The DPW phone line is open for snow removal and plowing requests 24/7 at (781) 268-8000. Visit the DPW Snow Emergency page for information.
Please take extra precautions in operating snow thrower machines. Find safety tips here: Snow Thrower Safety